Red Bracelet Cake – Tastes as good as it looks!
This salty Bracelet cake can be a perfect decorative appetizer or it may be a light lunch which you can serve to your friends or family members. There’s a bit of work, but trust me it’s worth it. The end result is superb and always leaves my guests breathless!
Bracelet Cake Ingredients (serves 6 ppl):
3 medium carrots, peeled and cooked, but not overcooked
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked, but not overcooked
2 medium beets, cooked and hulled
3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
100 gr coarse crushed walnuts
2 medium size chicken breasts, cooked in salted water and finely chopped
1 large pomegranate
salt and pepper, to taste
Coating (bonding layer):
6 tablespoons sour cream
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
Grate (wide holes of the grater): carrots, potatoes, beets and eggs – each on a separate plate.
Mayonnaise and sour cream – mix together in a bowl
Place a tall glass in the middle of a large flat plate or platter (preferably round or oval). Start with ingredients layering around the glass, on each add some salt and pepper to taste and then spread with a few tablespoons the mixture of mayonnaise and sour cream.
Order of layers:
- grated potatoes- coating of mayonnaise and sour cream
- half of the grated beets- coating of mayonnaise and sour cream
- grated carrots- coating of mayonnaise and sour cream
- chopped walnuts
- half of the chopped chicken breasts- coating of mayonnaise and sour cream
- chopped eggs- coating of mayonnaise and sour cream
- the other half of the chicken breasts- coating of mayonnaise and sour cream
- the rest of the grated beets
Carefully put the rest of the coating all over the cake and even more care and precision, pull out the glass from the middle. Then sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and gently press them with your palms – to “stick” well.
Cool the cake for at least an hour in the fridge.
In the middle you can put a flower for decoration.
For those who “count” their calories – you can use fat free mayonnaise and sour cream. Enjoy!