Ahi Tuna Salad “Ceviche”
This fresh Ahi Tuna Salad or “Ceviche” is super simple to prepare, delicious and most importantly very healthy. In literally 10 minutes, you will have a very tasty and refreshing meal that is perfect for any hot day. Serve it with tortilla chips or “tostadas” for that ideal crunchy and fresh taste that will have you addicted to this awesome dish. The key to this Ahi Tuna Salad is marinating the Ahi tuna with the homemade garlic flavored oil.
- Canola Oil w/Garlic – Pour 1/3 of a cup of canola oil onto the pan and let the oil heat up a bit before adding the garlic, you can add as many garlics as you like. In this case, this salad portion will
- serve up to 3 people and I only used 5 garlics. Cook the garlics in the oil until they turn completely brown. Let the oil cool off a bit before pouring onto the fresh Ahi tuna.
- Ahi Tuna – Dice about 6 oz of fresh Ahi tuna and then pour the garlic flavored oil onto the diced tuna. You can add as much or as little oil as you like.
- Mixed Vegetables (On a separate container)
- 2 cups of sliced Onions
- 1 cup of sliced Tomatoes
- 1 cup of sliced Cucumbers
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
- Lime juice ( 2-3 limes)
- Sea Salt (1-2 tbs)
- Mix all the above ingredients together
- Once you mix all your vegetable ingredients, add the fresh Ahi Tuna that was marinated in garlic flavored oil onto the mixed vegetables and mix all together.
You can now serve your delicious Ahi Tuna Salad “Ceviche” with tortilla chips or “tostadas” and add avocado on top if you like to give it an extra flavor for those of you who are avocado lovers.
Enjoy! Bon Appétit!