7 Ingredient Cornbread dressing and bacon for a thanksgiving wind
Ingredient few things I want to dress more corn for Thanksgiving, and my family feels similarly. My mother prefers a strong dose of powder Indian curry and cayenne .
1 ( 1 – pound ) blend of corn bread package , Marie Callender organic corn bread mix
6 slices bacon , cut into pieces 1/2 – inch
1 shallot , cut into small cubes
2 stalks celery , cut into small cubes
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable or mushroom broth
1.Cooking cornbread according to package directions . Remove from pan and let cool.
2. While cornbread cooled bacon cook in a 375 ° F oven until the desired brittleness is not reached. Drain bacon on paper towels and reserve bacon grease . Once the bacon is cool to the touch, crumble into small pieces
3. In a skillet, heat the pan over medium heat , then heat the 2 tablespoons bacon grease . Cook the shallots until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add celery and cook until tender , about 2 minutes. Add poultry seasoning and cook until fragrant , about 1 minute. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate to cool .
4. Grease a 9 – inch square pan with bacon fat .
5. After all components have cooled to room temperature , they crumble corn bread in a large bowl . Add the bacon and vegetables , and stir. Add eggs . Add enough vegetable stock to make the mixture moist but molding.
6. Transfer to casserole dish and bake in a 375 ° F oven for 1 hour or until casserole sets and the top appears crisp and golden.